Confidentiality and Medical Records
The practice complies with data protection and access to medical records legislation.
Identifiable information about you will be shared with others in the following circumstances:
- To provide further medical treatment for you e.g. from district nurses and hospital services.
- To help you get other services e.g. from the social work department. This requires your consent.
- When we have a duty to others e.g. in child protection cases
- Anonymised* patient information will also be used at local and national level to help the Health Board and Government plan services e.g. for diabetic care.
* If you do not wish anonymous information about you to be used in such a way, please let us know.
Reception and administration staff require access to your medical records in order to do their jobs. These members of staff are bound by the same rules of confidentiality as the medical staff.
We make every effort to give the best service possible to everyone who attends our practice.
However, we are aware that things can go wrong resulting in a patient feeling that they have a genuine cause for complaint. If this is so, we would wish for the matter to be settled as quickly and as amicably as possible.
To pursue a complaint please contact the practice manager who will deal with your concerns appropriately. Further written information is available regarding the complaints procedure from reception.
Please refer to our Practice Privacy Statement for details of how we process and manage your information.
Respect and Equality Policy
We are committed to treating all patients with a courteous and professional manner.
Our aim is to have a mutually fair and respectful relationship with our patients and to provide equality of service to all patients in an environment which is free from discrimination or harassment.
Strandhill Surgery operates a NO TOLERANCE policy regarding ABUSIVE/AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOUR towards ANY member of our staff.
Should you have a query or complaint about our service, please see our complaints policy.